st. wilfrid's drug and alcohol dependency centre, preston

Show More
Show More
Show More
Show More

The building was originally designed as St Wilfrid’s School, around 1814 and has Grade 2 Listed Status and had been used for a number of other uses since the school closed.  Our NHS Client took a lease on the property to convert it into a Drug & Alcohol Centre.

 

The design for the conversion had to take into account and accommodate the historically important features, the most important of which were the cast iron columns, which were also utilised as gas pipes to provide gas lighting, together with timber folding screens on the ground and first floors.